Thursday, January 6, 2011

Too Hot To Breathe

The feeling on my skin.
The pain it causes.
Feeling weak not wanting to do anything. I stand at the window despising the thought of you.
I stuggle to even move when I walk to the door.
The knowing nothing will be there makes it worse.
But the hoping something is different keeps me going.
It keeps me going. But for how much longer?
It is still gone. Is it not?
So what now?
Are you not the one I ask if I need help?
You continue to hold back.
The one thing I crave,
The one thing you hold back. If only just for one moment you could releave the pain.
But that would to easy.
You sit,
And wait,
And watch,
While I waste away into nothing.
Once gone never to return again,
Or to think of you.
And still nothing changes.
As the thoughts race through mind I wonder if this is really the end.
The purpose I was looking for,
Gone.
The dreams that once got me through my day,
Gone.
The feeling of you that always made me smile,
Gone.
And for what?
As of now you haven't even taken the time to see what is really happening.
All hope is lost, and it wasn't from what I did. It was thanks to you.
I trusted you to help me, but now you have let me down.
I can't go on like this.
    ______________________________________________________________________
At the turn I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
A new day has come,
And this time I praise you for it.
The change you made was unmistakable. But what change was there really?
Did you finally listen to what I had to say? Or does it still not matter?
Either way I can go on, and will.
This is what I have been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment